We are thrilled to announce that nominations for the 2019 GÉANT Community Award open today. The winner will be selected by a panel of judges from within the GÉANT community and will be announced at TNC19.
- Initiators of significant new ideas or improvements which have had lasting impact on the organisation, project or community.
- Impactful contributors to the GÉANT project or wider community activities over a sustained period of time.
- Outstanding contributions to the project or community which have immediately led to significant and recognisable new ideas, developments or improvements over the last 12 months.
Who can submit nominations
- Representatives of European NRENs and their connected institutions.
- Staff employed or sub-contracted by GÉANT, by GÉANT Project partner organisations, or by GÉANT member organisations (associates and national or representative members).
- Individuals who participate in one or more GÉANT task force, special interest group, or other GÉANT activities, whether by attending meetings or simply being on the mailing list.
- Other individuals who have registered to attend TNC19.
How to nominate
A maximum of two submissions per person will be accepted; if more nominations are submitted, only the first two complete forms will be taken into account. The nomination form is available online.
Andres Steijaert (SURFnet) was 2018 GÉANT Community Award winner. He was honoured for his contribution to research and education networking, but specifically ‘for perseverance and dedication in the work undertaken to bring cloud offerings to the GÉANT community’.
The deadline for nominations is midnight CET on Friday 22 March, take this opportunity to nominate a colleague or a member of your community that you think deserves recognition for their contributions to Research and Education networking in Europe and further afield.
With just one month to go, if you already have somebody in mind, spring into action and send us your nomination today.